Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Gas War

FiberSlasher, I'm amazed with this reply, from a very knowledgeable and intelligent person. There is no doubt that worldwide demand is increasing and will in the future be a huge problem, but right now there is absolutely no reason for the percentage price increases we are currently seeing.

The price of crude is set by speculators on the world wide futures market that are driving the prices up and making obscene profits. The price jumps up with every and any possible news of supply disruptions, not due to any real or significant change.

Do some research on the oil supply and demand for the past and current months; you will see no major changes in either. Some media sources are just starting to state this, but I don't know what good it will do. There is something inherently wrong with a pricing system that is designed to enrich the rich. We are at the mercy of some very large and greedy corporations that need to be reigned in, but that won't happen with this administration.

It's no accident that Exxon-Mobil has posted record profits and is now number one in the America. If the supply and demand curves were real, then there should be increases in sales but the profits should stay at the same percentages, not sky rocket!

You are correct that this country needs a huge change in it's energy policy, but until then we are just sheep being sheered.

No offense, just my humble opinion.
This is CABL.com posting #166230. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRpi
Posted in reply to: Re: Gas War by FiberSlasher
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Gas War FiberSlasher 4/28/2006 4:03:00 PM